As co-founder of One:12 Counseling, Erica wanted to build a practice that welcomes the entire family through life’s challenges. Erica is passionate about helping those in need and walking alongside them toward freedom, growth, and the healing that God desires for His people.
Erica is devoted to helping children, teens, and adults cope with life’s difficulties and works with a variety of areas, including
- children and teens having a hard time at home and/or at school
- women struggling with transitions in life and day-to-day pressures
- young adults wanting to better understand themselves and their calling
- teenage girls struggling with being a teen in today’s culture and understanding who they are and what they stand for
- couples who are dealing with unmet expectations and hurt in their relationships
- frustrated parents in need of help with constructive parenting
- individuals dealing with emotional pains and life stressors
- premarital and newlywed couples looking to lay a solid foundation for their marriage
- blended families having a hard time getting along
As one of only a handful of Registered Play Therapists in Charlotte, Erica uses play, the natural language of children, to promote growth, transformation, and healing in ages 4-12. She also finds play therapy to be a fun and effective tool to use with teens and families as well.
Erica is a Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor and received her MS in professional counseling from Lee University in Tennessee. She also holds a BA in psychology with a minor in religion from Lee University. Erica is currently pursuing certification as a Registered Play Therapist Supervisor, where she hopes to train other counselors in the art of play therapy.
When not in the office, Erica enjoys spending time with her family, exercising, being outside, gardening, and interior decorating.
“I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service.”
– I Timothy 1:12, New International Version